Thumbnail Image

EHO Lite Advertiser
Ready for more?
Visit the Main EHO Site.
Thousands of pages of free resources.

Homeschool Advice

Dear Helping Hand,

We have been using "Preparing For Service Christian Academy" as our school name. I've used it on letter heads, my business cards for my home-business of tutoring, mail, etc. I'd like to legalize the name so that it is exclusively ours so that no one else can use it. How would I go about doing this? Is it simply a matter of getting it notarized or are there requirements to fulfill because it is the name of a school?

Thank you for any help that you can offer me. Annie G.


Generally that requires that you incorporate as a non-profit educational organization. I don't know what the requirements for doing that are in your state, or if it would put you into a different category from homeschoolers.

Another possibility would be to trademark your name. You can find more information on that process by visiting the US Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark page.

Helping Hand

Copyright ©  1997-2005 Eclectic Homeschool Association

EHO Homeschool Resource Center
Thousands of resources available. Many at 10-32% discount. Free shipping on most orders over $25.

Featured Resource

Subscribe to the
EHO Newsletters
EcleticHS Discussion List
Eclectic Homeschool Newsletter
Join the Campaign

New Homeschool Resources - Visit the Eclectic Homeschool Resource Center for more discounted resources.


Contact Us |Linking to Us | Advertise| Reprinting Articles | Privacy | Search

This website is copyright © 1997-2015 Eclectic Homeschool Association, All rights reserved. 

Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1979, 1980, 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Thank you for visiting Beginning Homeschooling. We hope you found the homeschool resources to assist you in starting your journey into homeschooling.