National Level Homeschool Support Groups - United States
It is our goal to list as many homeschool support groups as possible. Inclusion in our support group listings does not mean we endorse any group, their practices or beliefs. We hope the listings will allow our readers to find that group which is just the right fit for them. To add a group to this listing, please send an email to Support Services with your organization's information.
- Alliance for Intellectual Freedom in Education
- The Alliance for the Separation of School and State
- American Homeschool Association
The American Homeschool Association (AHA), is a service organization sponsored in part by the publishers of Home Education Magazine. The AHA was created in 1995 to network homeschoolers on a national level. Current AHA services include an online news and discussion list which provides news, information, and resources for homeschoolers, media contacts, and education officials.
- Family Learning Organization, PO Box 7247, Spokane, WA 99207-0247, Kathleen McCurdy, 509-467-2552, Orders: 1-800-405-TEST. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICES: We offer standardized testing for homeschooling families, a video correspondence course on how to homeschool through natural learning, homeschool advocacy, consultation, lobbying, and an occasional newsletter.
FOUNDED: 1986 serving homeschoolers across the nation and beyond, we are a 501(c)3 non profit organization dedicated to encourage and support homeschooling.
- Home School Legal Defense Association The Home School Legal Defense Association is a non-profit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect family freedoms.
- Homeschool Social Register
A free networking service for homeschoolers with separate pages for almost every town and city in the United States and Canada (new towns are constantly being added). Anyone who is homeschooling or thinking about it can list themselves on the page for their home town or city. The Register provides a method of contacting any other listed person without revealing anyone's email address or other personal information. Since the Register is organized by towns, cities, and counties within each state and province, it's easy to locate others who are homeschooling in your town or nearby.
- The National Academy for Child Development The National Academy for Child Development, is an international organization of parents and professionals dedicated to helping children and adults reach their full potential. Founded in 1979 by internationally recognized educator and lecturer Robert J. Doman, Jr., NACD designs very specific home educational and therapeutic programs for infants, children and adults. The over 15,000 clients served by NACD have come to us with labels including; Learning Disabled, Dyslexic, Distractible, ADD, ADHD, Hyperactive, Down Syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Williams Syndrome, Tourettes Syndrome, Rett Syndrome, Fragile X, Developmentally Delayed, PDD, Autistic, Cerebral Palsy, Brain Injured, Comatose, Retarded, Minimal Brain Dysfunction, Normal, Accelerated, and Gifted. The families served by NACD have traveled from all 50 states, Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and Canada.
- NATional cHallenged Homeschoolers Associated Network, 5383 Alpine Rd. S.E., Olalla, WA 98359, 253-857-4257, Email: NATHANEWS@aol.com.
- National Home Education Network P.O. Box 41067, Long Beach, CA 90853. The National Home Education Network (NHEN) is an organization composed of dedicated volunteers from all over the country who have joined forces to create an organization to assist the ever-growing population of homeschoolers nationwide.
OUR MISSION: The National Home Education Network exists to encourage and facilitate the vital grassroots work of state and local homeschooling groups and individuals by providing information, fostering networking and promoting public relations on a national level. Because we believe there is strength in a diverse network of homeschoolers, we support the freedom of all individual families to choose home education and to direct such education.
- National Home Education Research Institute The mission of NHERI is three-fold:
- Produce high-quality statistics, research, and technical reports on home education.
- Serve as a clearinghouse of research for home educators, researchers, and policy makers.
- Educate the public concerning the findings of all research on home education.
- Parents Instructing Challenged Children A network of New York state parents who are home educating children with special educational or physical needs.
Copyright © 2004 Eclectic Homeschool Association